When I feel the urge coming on, I start planning my next attack. For me the action always happens on a Friday. It’s like a fun filled reward for the end of a productive week…..with an adult beverage in hand or course! From homemade sauce to homemade dough, the process is not as difficult as you might think. With the right kitchen tools, a wee bit planning and staging in phases, the reward is always worth the fun of creating.
You always know I mean serious business when the bread maker is firmly planted on the kitchen counter. And I always use the pizza dough recipe from this book.
Fleischmann's Yeast Bread Machine Favorites I have always had good luck with the bread recipes in this booklet.
Next up is the pizza sauce. Hint: If you have a can of tomato paste in your pantry, you CAN make homemade pizza sauce. Simply and easily. Here is the link to the recipe I use. My only revision is that I cut back on the water by about a third of the called for amount. It was a reviewers suggestion. The recipe I use is Easy Pizza Recipe
Tips & Tricks:
- Use slightly less flour & slightly more water than recipe call for in pizza dough
- Allow dough to set in bread maker several hours before removing
- Be patient with dough and flour hands to prevent sticking
- Cook pizza dough a minute or two before adding sauce and toppings
- Pizza sauce can be stored in frig safely for several weeks.
- Have your favorite music playing moderately loud when creating your masterpiece.
The possibilities are endless for toppings. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Italian Sausage
- Bell Pepper
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Tomato Slices when garden tomatoes are in season